The following are all the reviews I’ve found of the Autonomous SmartDesk Standing Desks from Autonomous.ai. The reviews are ranking in the order that Google found them to be valuable:
Amazon User Reviews
Now anyone can stand at work
We took what’s at the heart of the original SmartDesk and reengineered it to bring you the first ever electric table-top standing desk. SmartDesk mini turns any desk into an automatic standing desk. Now you can take autonomy over your workspace and enhance your health, focus and productivity at the office.
In the signature minimal style of the original SmartDesk, the SmartDesk mini offers a clean and simple aesthetic for a tidy mind.
Work smarter and be more productive
Move seamlessly between sitting and standing throughout the day to tackle sedentary working and improve your mobility and circulation — work healthier, happier and be more productive!
All the original SmartDesk features
Our Smart Keypad memorizes your favorite heights so that you can move smoothly between sitting and standing at the touch of a button.
Enhanced electric motor and noise canceling engineering for movement that is both silent and secure.
Does this desk use a regular 120 volt outlet?
- Yes. Our standing desk is compatible with standard 120 volts – 240 volts outlets. Both currents are automatically converted by the desk. US orders are installed with the standard two-prong plug. For international orders, we convert the plug to the type used by the destination country.
I see that there is a “black box” to be installed on the underside (aside from the control panel), with power and data connection. Is this like a power strip and data plug-in?
- Yes, this is the control box. It must be attached under the standing desk to use the SmartKeypad. It is connected with the SmartKeypad to control the height of the desk, and with the power source to tell the electric motor(s) when to move up and down.
Do you ship worldwide?
- We do! We have shipped to more than 60 countries so far, and we’re still counting! Please select your country for localized checkout and appropriate pricing, duties, and taxation processing.
How much weight can your SmartDesk support? I have two wide monitors, 27″ each. Will they be safe?
- SmartDesk 2 Home Edition Frame (single motor) can lift up to 220 lbs. SmartDesk 2 Business Edition (dual motors) can lift up to 300lbs. For multiple monitors, we recommend going with the Business Edition Frame.
How long does shipping take?
- Once your order is processed (less than 1 business day), shipping takes 3-5 business days for continental US addresses and 7-10 days for international orders.
Can you give me more information about your 30-Day Trial policy?
- If you don’t like your desk, we’ll take it back. It’s that simple and easy. You have until 30 days after delivery to build and use your desk. If you change your mind, you can then request to return the desk for a full refund (we even cover shipping!), no questions asked. This policy applies to all desks delivered inside continental U.S. and returned in their original packaging only. International orders do not qualify for this program. Please note that the returned standing desk needs to be in its original packaging. If not, we reserve the right to refuse your request.
Is there a way to reset my SmartDesk 2 Standing Desk?
- Yes! To reset your desk, unplug your desk. Wait 20 seconds, plug it back in and follow these steps:
1) press the up and down buttons at the same time until the desk lowers all the way down and beeps
2) release both buttons
3) press and hold the down button until you hear 3 beeps from your desk, or until you have been holding the down button for more than 20 seconds. This should reset the desk. If not, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com, so we can help you reset your standing desk.
How easy is it to assemble the Autonomous standing desk? Which tools do I need?
- Assembly is not difficult. We include all the assembly tools needed in every package! Most customers finish setting up their new desks in just 15 to 30 minutes. For more detailed step by step instructions on assembly, please visit our Standing Desk Assembly page.
Does the outlet for the standing desk needs to be grounded? Is a separate circuit necessary for each desk?
- No, it doesn’t. The Autonomous SmartDesk is very energy efficient and draws only 0.06 watts while on standby.
How long is the cord /plug wire? In another words, how far can this desk be from an outlet?
- Approximately 75 inches or 6.25 feet.
How high does the desk go?
- The single motor home edition SmartDesk 2 standing desk frame extends up to 47 inches while the dual motor business edition SmartDesk 2 standing desk extends up to 51 inches.
How is Autonomous SmartDesk 2 shipped?
- Autonomous SmartDesks are shipped in two packages: one for the frame and one for desk table top. If you add Accessories or the AI Box to your order, each of them will come in additional separate packages.
What are the dimensions of the shipping packaging?
- Package specifications are as follows: Table top box: 56″L x 32″W x 3″H x 44 lbs. Frame box: 45″L x 11″W x 10″H x 67 lbs.
What is the lowest height the standing desk drops down to?
- The lowest height for the the SmartDesk 2 is 24 inches.
What is the thickness of the table top of the standing desk?
- The thickness of the table top is 3/4 of an inch.
What are the dimensions of the cutout in the ergonomic standing desk table top?
- The ergonomic cutout has a length of 17 inches and a maximum depth of 8 inches.
What is the warranty on the standing desk?
- Business Edition SmartDesk 2 standing desks have a 5 year warranty. Home Edition SmartDesk 2 standing desks are covered by a 1 year warranty. In the unlikely case of any issues, we will quickly fix the desk, free of charge, or send a brand new standing desk to your shipping location of choice.
Do you have non-wood table tops for the standing desk?
- Our only non-wood option is the bamboo table top standing desk, made of 100% real bamboo and just as durable as our wood standing desk table tops.
Is the 70 inch x 30 inch SmartDesk 2 XL standing desk less stable than the classic size?
- No. The only difference between the XL and the 53 inch standing desk top is that the XL offers more space and is heavier.
Do you offer local pickup?
- Local pickup is available in Southern California only (our warehouse is in Mentone, CA). Please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a local pickup.
Is the walnut table top a solid hardwood table top?
- No, our white, black, walnut, and light oak wood table tops are MDF with hardwood veneer. Our bamboo table top is 100% real bamboo.
What is the width of the space between the desk’s legs on both the normal and wide models?
- The width between the legs on the 53 inch standing desk is 46 inches. The width between the legs on the SmartDesk XL is 54 inches.
Do you offer express or next-day shipping on the SmartDesk?
- At this time, we do not offer express or upgraded shipping.
Does the SmartDesk 2 come standard with pre-drilled cable holes in the top of the desk?
- Unfortunately no,we no longer offer the grommet holes on our tops.
How far apart do the legs have to be? Is there only one distance that works or can I put them closer together?
- For the 53 inch standing desk, the leg placement can be safely extended within the range of 42 to 47 inches. As long as you extend the legs in that range, there’s no strict rule.
How do I configure the presets on my SmartDesk2?
- First set the desk to your desired height, then press the M button until the LED screen on the keypad flashes. Next, select the number you want to associate with that height. Now you are ready to work smarter!
How loud is the motor on the SmartDesk Standing Desk as it raises and lowers?
- Our motors are the most silent on the market. Featuring advanced noise cancellation engineering, our SmartDesks are whisper-quiet at only 39 dB during movement.
What are the differences between the home and business edition Smartdesks?
The main differences between the Home Edition Frame and the Business Edition Frame is the height ranges, the weight they can hold, and their warranty. The Home Edition Frame has a height range of 29”-47” and holds 220 pounds of weight and has a one year warranty. The Business Edition Frame has a height range of 24” – 51” and holds 300 pounds of weight and has a five year warranty.